lunes, 10 de noviembre de 2014

FIRST PRACTICE, LAST PERIOD

Well, this time I had to teach advanced english with teacher Giovanni Blanco. Let me tell you that this time was so different than before because in my last practices I had to teach basic and intermediate levels, and also english access. When you are about to teach an advanced level, you are eager to see how different it is going to be, how the topics are going to be and if they are going to be difficult to teach. The topic I had to teach this time was about the correlative conjunctions, to be honest I didn´t remember what that topic was about and it was really stressful because I asked the lesson plan to the teacher and was waiting for it during some days and it didn´t appear until the day I had to teach. At that time I had already prepared something or my class, I had some activities. In the evening I went to give my class, I felt kind of unsure and uncomfortable but I try to do my best that day. I started the class doing the warm up in a different way, I started to make some questions to the students, in that group there are only eight students and the problem is that not all of them go to class every day, I started my warm up with only three students, I asked them if they knew about the correlative conjunctions, and I also pasted some information on the board and provided some examples. The first activity I deveoped was i pais, at this time I had six students. I gave them a piece of paper contaning some sentences and the students had to look for the correlative conjunctions and underline them. It is really nice when the students participate in the activities; in this group some of the students don´t like to participate a lot and this makes me feel uncomfortable. After the first activity I posted a chart on the board with some sentences with some spaces in blank and the students had to fill them out and copy. In this class I was trying not to do my activities too fast neither too slow because there is a time for my class and I can´t finish early or too late, so I tried to do everything in the best way. in the third activity I gave the students a piece of paper containing some fill in the blanks exercises, most of them participated in the exercises and enjoyed it. The activity four was the hot potato game. for this activity I was expecting to have more time with the students, I thought It was going to last like eight or ten minutes but it only lasted three or four minutes because they are just a few students but anyways. The next activity was about rewriting some sentences. the students had to use the paired onjunctions and rewrite all the sentences, all of them did good at it. My last activity was "speaking" the students stood up and asked some questions to their classmates about sports, the rule was that they had to use the correlative conjunctions in the questions and in the answers. I can say that this is a good group and small, but the problem is that even though they are just eight not all of them participate and this attitude makes the teacher feel uncomfortable in a classroom.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario