Well, this was my last practice. I was kind of happy because I was about to finish my second period and a little bit sad because I was not going to be with this group anymore.
I tried to be with a better attitude and prepared my class with many days of anticipation. so, I felt really prepared to give tis class.
The topic I had to teach this time was about " used to" I was asked to give more practice to the students becase the teacher had already explained this topic to them.
For the warm up I asked the students to make a circle with their desks and we played "change place if" the purpose of this activity was to make the students practice what they had already studied with the teacher about this topic. I started saying: Change place if you used to play with cars when you were a child, and all of them moved and looked for another desk and one of them couldn´t get any desk and got a penalty, he or she had to say a sentence and after that give another command for the students to move around again.
My first activity was a chart. I posted a chart on the board that contained some sentences with some missing words. I asked them to looked at the chart, read the sentences and tried to find the answers and write them down on their notebooks. After they finished it, I gave to some of the students a marker and they went to front and filled up the sentence they wanted, and after doing that I asked them to repeat them oout loud after me.
In eh second activity I gave the students a readng, they worked in pairs. They read a paragraph about " the way were" After reading that, they had to check some statements and write if they were right or wrong. All of them worked in a good way and practiced a lot.
In the third activity, I showed them some flash cards with some drawings of professions and occupations, and they had to give me a sentence using the drawings they were looking at, every student who gave me a sentence got a candy, in that way they were motivated to stand up and say the sentence as soon as they looked at the flshcard.
For the next activity I gave the students two mini flash cards each and they stood up and look for two different students and say one sentence to each of them using the mini flash cards.
To finish the class I gave the stdents a sheet of paper which contained some sentences in simple past and they had to paraphrase them usng "used to". I thought that it was going to be difficult for them but it wasn´t, they did it really fast and read them out loud,.
I think that this time I did a better job, I prepared my class on time, I tried to explain it better and monitored more my students.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario