viernes, 10 de octubre de 2014

SECOND ENTRY, SECOND PERIOD!!!

This time I had to teach about quantifers! It was more like a review because my classmate had already taught about this topic. At this time, I had met more my students, they had more confidence with me. I tried to look for better activities this time, my purpose was that they learn more about this topic and participate a lot.
To start the class I asked my students to work on my warm up that was "the broken telephone" I asked them to make two groups and choose a leader on each group, they did it so.
When they had their groups done, they made two lines in front of the whiteboard and I gave a message to the student on the back and each student had to whisper the message to the other one and so on, when the message got to the last student on the front, he or she had to write it on the board.
We had a lot of fun with that activity because the message written on the board was not the same I gave them. After we finished doing this activity, we checked all the messages on the board and I gave them the correct message,
After that, I posted a chart on the board with a matching activity, the students helped me to finish all the sentences, but the only problem I had with it, was that I filled it up with their help and I didn´t give much time for them to think about the answer r even to write the sentences on their notebooks, it was really fast that I realized I messed it up until the teacher gave me the feedback.
My second activity was about filling in the blanks. I gave them a sheet of paper with some sentences and the students will have to do it by tehmselves. After that I checked it and asked them to repeat all the sentences out loud.
The third activity was in pairs, the students had to describe their perfect place using all the quantifiers they had studied, they did it the way I asked and read it out loud in the class each pair.
In the last activity, I asked them to make a crcle and I read a conversaton in which there were some quantifiers. Every time they listened to one quantifier, they had to give one step ahead and give me an example usng the quantifier they had already lstened. Some of them did it but some others were a little bit shy to anwer in front of the others. This activity was not what I was expecting but the students enjoyed it anyways.
What I liked in this class was that eventhough there are some shy students, all of them worked a lot and did everything I asked them to do.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario