sábado, 27 de septiembre de 2014

FIRST PRACTICE, SECOND PERIOD

This day of my first practice unfortunately I was in a hurry and I couldn´t get some copies I had prepared for my students to work on. I also hadn´t had the time to prepare well my class.
I think that this is something that the teachers are going to face sometimes, they are going to have some issues and are not going to have the best attitude in the classroom.
Even though I had many problems with the class I tried to do my best. I started the class with a review of the topic they were students since some days before that was about phrasal verbs. I asked the students to make two groups, one group was A and the other one B, they had to choose a leader in each group, the leaders went to the front and I showed them a phrasal verb and they had to mimic it an the group had to guess what phrasal verb was that. I tried to use some phrasal verbs that I considered were not so difficult for them. The students really liked thi activity, they enjoyed it, participated and had fun.
For the first activity I pasted a chart on the board that contained a list of some other phrasal verbs ending with the preposition up. I had the opportunity to choose the phrasal verbs I wanted to and I decided to teach them this list because I thought that it was oing to be easier for them to learn them and to put them into practice. After presenting them the list and writing some examples of each of them on the board I aked them to repeat them out loud.
After that I asked them to make a circle and I explained to them what this activity was going to be about, I called this activity "story time" It consisted on creating an oral story using the phrasal verbs. I started the story saying a sentence, then the next person had tto repeat what I had just said and say his or her own sentences and so on. After they had finished creating the story I tried to make a summary of what they had just said and asked them to remember about the phrasal verbs they used in the story time. This was a really nice activity I did and also the teacher told me n the feedback that he had liked the activity and he is planning to do it with his students because it is really challenging for them and they practice a lot.
To finish the class I asked the ss to work in pairs and choose five phrasal verbs they like the most and make five sentences using them. The ss worked on this activity, but I think that even though they had understood the topic it was kind of hard for them to create the sentences because they took a long time doing it.
I really liked teaching this group, they participated in the class, paid attention nd had fun.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario