This day I was with a mixed of feelings because I was happy for doing my last practice but at the same time I was a little bit sad because that was my last day with my english access students. That is a really nice group to work with because they participate in class, they work when you ask them to, they seem that they enjoy the class, some of them are really matured and respect the teachers.
to start the class I am seriously honest, I did not know what to do for the warm up because I had to continue with the same topic of present perfect but this time in an interrogative form. Well, I looked for some warm up actvities in the internet and I found the jump in and jump out activity, It consists on making a semicircle with your students, take your hands and asked them first to say what you as a teacher say and do what you say, they did it really nice, but next time they had to say the opposite of what I said and do what I said, this time it had a little bit of difficulty, but the third time was really funny because the students had to say what I said but do the opposite and some of them couldn´t do it, it was really nice because they enjoyed it a lot, they were laughing and having fun. This activity helped them not to practice but to wake up and have more energy in the class.
After having fun with them I explained to them the grammar explanation and gave them some exercises and they also helped me to do them.
The fist acivity of that day was in pairs, I gave them a sheet of paper that contained some exercises that they had to fill in, it was a conversation, I planned to make them role play it but at the time the students were doing I forgot about it and I just cheked it and went with another activiy.
he second activity consisted on working on a board game in groups, they were practicing the topic, learning new vocabulary and also having fun.
the problem that I always have in a class in timming the activities but I think that as the time is passing by I will learn how to do a better job.
That is the way I did my job that day and thanks to God everything went ok.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario