this day, I had to teach english access students. Thia was my second time teaching this level because last semester I taught a group of this same level. I it really great to be with them because most of the are teenagers and most of them are earger to learn english and to speak with their classmates.
It is good to work with this groups because they participate a lot, they want to read, they wnat to play and also they want to learn , that´s then important part.
That day I sarted the class presenting the topic too and enough as a warm up. I showed the a picture of my little nephew who is 9 months old and I asked the if he could drive a car for which they answered not, so from that moment on I started my class making the use of too and enough. I wrote some erxercises on th board and I asked the to help me out. They did it and in that way I understood that they had gotten the topic very well.
I know I was missing some others exercises in order to make the clear everything in the context but I guess they got unleast the basc for that day of a new topic.
After that the students worked on some exercises on the book, page 114 where they will have to comple it and then perform it in font of the class.
for the second activity the students worked on the first exercise of the handout in an individually form.
then , the students worked paraphrasing some sentences in pairs, in this exercise they did what we called Think, pair and share in order to check if what they have done was ok.
After that , I gave the stuents a sheet of paper where ther hay to fill in the blanks in order to complete some sentences.
and to finish the class, they work on a sheet of paper which contains some missing words such as "too" or "enough" so, they stood up and looked for five different students in order to ask them and fiil it up.
All i can say is that I really like this class and as always I have a lot of things to do better and for them to have a better undertaqnding.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario