this day I started with another topic, I was teaching about present perfect. This day I did my warm up by making a review of the previous topic that was about comparatives and superlative adjectives. I asked my students to make two lines in front of the whiteboard. They did it as I said, I was dictating the adjectives and they were writing them in the whiteboard but in the comparative form, the group that had more adjectives in the correct way was the winner. It was a really good acctivity I did with them because they enjoyed it a lot, they had fun and also learn and practice more about the previous topic that sometimes we leave aside and do not care about anymore.
after doing that, I presented the new topic to them, I did a chart which contained the grammar explanation about the present perfect and some exercises. I tried to explain to them that topic the best way I could. They collaborated in the class and get what I wnated to in the class.
After that I gave them some pratice to see if they had understoood what I had already taught them. I gave them a list of verbs and they had to rewrite them but in the past participle, some of them couldn´t finish it but I tried to help them out. It is good when you see your students trying to learn and doing the practice you have given them. I like when they call me teacher can you help me? or when they try to tell me something in english and ask me is it ok? and they wait for me to correct them, tht is really good because it makes feel like a real teacher and it invites you to learn more and more in order to teach others.
After dong that I asked them to get in pairs and work in an article. The rticle was a little bit bigger so they couldn{t finish reading it and answer the true and false questions that they had in the other page.
I enjoy every class I have with my students, every one is a challenge for me and even though I get nervous about being in front of them, I like it and try to prepare myself to give a good class.
I liked the warm up activity that you presented because your students learned by playing. They practiced the previous topic. We are almost finishing the semeste Good luck!!!
ResponderEliminar