miércoles, 12 de noviembre de 2014

SECOND PRACTICE, LAST PERIOD

This is my second practice and I am really excited because I am about to finish, I am just missing one practice. I think it is a mixed of feelings because I am happy to finish my major but on the other side I feel kind of sad because I will miss teachng at the university, doing my practices, sharing with teachers and students, etc. This day I gave my class with enthusiasm, I honestly didnn´t know what to do as a warm up due to the fact that there are just some studetns. The topic I had to teach was "modals in assive voice", so I started the class by reviewing the passive voice, I prapared a reading comprehension activity that was about "jury duty" I like that reading because of the vocabulary. The students had to read it by themselves and identify the passive voice on it and read it ot loud. After they read that paragraph and remember about the passive voice, I gave them the structure of the passive voice and also some examples, they gave me some examples too and in this way I knew how much they knew about the passive voice that was the topic that we were reviewing. After I made sure that the passive voice was clear for them, I asked them to write three more sentences practicing the same tpic and they did it very good. Then, I introduced the modals to them, I asked them to tell me all the modals they knew in order to review it too, so the students dictated all the modals they knew and practice. I also gave them the structure of it and asked them again to write some sentences using the modals to know how much they know about it. After I had reviewed the passive voice and the modals with the students I introduced the new topic that was modals in passive voice! To introduce this topic I asked them some questions related to our country, some questions like:"Who may be elected president in El Salvador?" and the students were giving their opinions not knowing that they were using the structure that I was about to teach, I t was fun. I also gave them a MEMO n which they had to pay attention to the modals in passive voice and the structure. After having a conversation with them about the questions I made, I gave them the structure of this new topic for them and I also provided some examples on the board. After I made sure they had understood the new topic I geve them a fill in the blanks activity, they had to complete some sentences on a sheet of paper, I always like to solve the first exercise in order to explain to them the way they are going to work. Then, after I checked all the exercises with them all, I gave them another activity in which they had to change some active sentences into passive voice, they did it very nice and worked really fast, that told me that they were already familiar with the new topic, that they had understood what I had already taught. Fnally, I asked them to get in pairs in order to do the last activity, they had to make a conversation in which they had to practice everything we had been reviewing and learning, they did everything I asked them to do and colaborated in my class. They finally role played the conversation in front of the others and I checked their pronunciation and corrected it when it was necessary.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Bella I liked the first activity that you developed in class because it was related to the topic that you later explained the learners. I had to work with the same topic the previous class, too, but it was kind of difficult to prepare activities with that topic since it was the first time that I explained it to the students, but I consider that not everything will be easy, so every new topic is a challenge for us as practitioners. I mean that it helps us to improve our teaching skills because every time that we teach students, we try to do it better because we know that we must be prepared before teach students.

    ResponderEliminar